For over 25 years, Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) has become a popular way for consumers to buy local, seasonal food directly from a farmer.
Here are the basics: a farmer offers a certain number of “shares” to the public. Typically the share consists of a box of vegetables, but other farm products may be included. Interested consumers purchase a share (aka a “membership” or a “subscription”) and in return receive a box (bag, basket) of seasonal produce each week throughout the farming season.
Advantages for farmers:
- Get to spend time marketing the food early in the year, before their 16 hour days in the field begin
- Receive payment early in the season, which helps with the farm’s cash flow
- Have an opportunity to get to know the people who eat the food they grow
Advantages for consumers:
- Eat ultra-fresh food, with all the flavor and vitamin benefits
- Get exposed to new vegetables and new ways of cooking
- Usually get to visit the farm at least once a season
- Find that kids typically favor food from “their” farm – even veggies they’ve never been known to eat
- Develop a relationship with the farmer who grows their food and learn more about how food is grown
For our Summer CSA we’re offering 60 boxes. Than means 60 lucky people will receive a fresh box of produce every week for TEN weeks from October 5th – December 15th.
The produce for Fall is:
- And much more…
We also have available fresh farm eggs at $5/dozen and 100% whole wheat, ground fresh bread at $6.00 for a 2-lb loaf to be included with your weekly box of veggies.
The boxes are dropped off every Monday at 5 drop locations across town. They are:
- Old Thyme Remedies, 2475 E 9 Mile Rd, Pensacola, FL 32514
- The Herb Shop on 9th Ave by PSC, 6024 N 9th Ave #2, Pensacola, FL 32504
- The McKenzie Law Firm, 905 E Hatton St, Pensacola, FL 32503
- The Alternative Health Food Store, 5533 US-90, Pace, FL 32571
- Farm pick up (no $5 fee for delivery)
These businesses will keep the box inside until you come pick it up that day.
ALIFF ACRES CSA
I agree to pick up the CSA box/basket at the agreed upon location and time. If basket is not picked up within the stated time or prior arrangements have not been made, I understand that week’s basket will be forfeited, contents donated, AND THE ONE WEEK DEPOSIT WILL BE KEPT BY ALIFF ACRES.
Aliff Acres will allow, during the contracted period a vacation to “skip” a week and to continue when the member returns if given 4 days’ notice. Any other times of “skipping” can be arranged, just contact us.
I understand that I can arrange for others to pick up my basket in my absence with prior notification to Aliff Acres.
I understand that Aliff Acres will be closed on holidays and I will be given sufficient notice as to when these will occur.
If for any reason, such as holidays, inclement weather, family emergencies, etc., Aliff Acres cannot fulfill the weekly basket order, I will be notified as soon as possible. At this occurrence, Aliff Acres will provide additional items to me the following week or will just add one week on to my subscription.
I understand that the variety of items in each basket depend on growing conditions and availability.
If I decide to cancel this contract, I understand that I must finish out the current billing month and that I will be responsible for 2 weeks will be owed to Aliff Acres as a cancellation fee.